Elton John ... Eric Sandrews
Taran Killam ... Dale Eberheart
Nasim Pedrad ... Vanessa Anne Hudgens
Nasim's impression is just filler as Taran plays the gay man against Elton John. Definitely amusing. What do you think?
Sketch - Knights of the Realm
Tom Hanks ... Michael Caine
Fred Armisen ... Ringo Starr
Paul Brittain ... Barnaby Xavier St. Hidgens III
Bill Hader ... Richard Branson
Taran Killam ... Ian McKellen
Seth Meyers ... announcer (voice)
Bobby Moynihan ... shopkeeper
Andy Samberg ... Bono
Kenan Thompson ... Sir Mix-A-Lot
Kristen Wiig ... Diedre
When a dragon attacks London, England's most recognizable knights devise a plan to stop it.
Taran also appears as Ian McKellen as Gandalf. Amusing behavior, but not overly funny.
Paul is also on briefly as a British anchorman.
1. Taran Killam - Playing a gay lead opposite Elton John and acting like Gandalf will get Taran the top spot this week. Taran was also a butler in the Royal Engagement and a cowboy, totaling four skits.
2. Nasim Pedrad - Nasim was in the Lawrence Welk cold open and appeared as Vanessa Hudgins in Silver Screen. Not huge roles, but they were good enough to land her the #2 featured player spot this week.
3. Paul Brittain - Paul only played a British news anchor in Knights of the Realm. He barely tops Vanessa this week.
4. Vanessa Bayer - Vanessa was only in the Lawrence Welk cold open. And she got that role cuz there's only four women on SNL this week, and the gag is that Dooneese has 3 sisters (who have never been the same 3 people, by the way).
5. Jay Pharoah - Jay wasn't on this week. However, judging from this tweet earlier this week, Jay is still on the show:
Impressions that I want to get on @nbcsnl Richard Pryor,Tupac,Nick Cage,Idris Elba,Danny Glover, Black Charlie Sheen(wait that's a Character